Welcome to the
Office of Support Services
The Office of Support Services oversees a variety of school-based supports designed to enhance every student's educational experience through the provision of individualized services tailored to meet academic and mental health needs. Support Services includes school counselors, social workers, certified school and support nurses, multilingual student supports, federal programs, and multi-tiered systems of support. The School District of Springfield Township is pleased to provide a variety of building-based and community partnerships to support student academic and social well-being.
Student, Family, and Community Resources
The Office of Support Services offers students, families, and the community a wide variety of resources-from in-person and online events, newsletters filled with articles, videos, and links to resources, and lists of community service organizations. Take a moment to review the extensive list of options!
- Family Resources: includes information on upcoming events and workshops, mental health and community resources for homelessness and victim services, a list of local food banks and more
- Student Resources on Grief and Loss: information on death, grief, and loss and where you can turn for additional support
- Family and Community Resources on Grief and Loss: information on how to support your child when their experience grief and loss and how to access additional community supports
- Home and School Safety Reminders: resources on talking to your child about gun violence and how you can keep you house safe through simple gun safety measures
- 2022 Back to School Information Guide: updated information on attendance guidelines, food services, transportation, and safe schools for the 2022-2023 school year
Be Part of the Conversation Recorded Sessions
The School District of Springfield Township is excited to partner with Be Part of the Conversation to provide parent and family workshop sessions for the 2022-2023 school year. If you weren't able to attend these sessions, you can check out the YouTube recorded sessions:
- Kids and the Tech Life: Presented on October 12, 2022, this presentation focused on creating healthy technology boundaries for students given the increasing presence of technology in our lives
- Healthy Family Healthy Boundaries: Presented on November 9, 2022, a workshop designed to help families find balance in their relationship with their children from forming close connections, providing adequate supervision depending on age levels, and maintaining privacy, this presentation covers it all
Want to learn more? Check out Be Part of the Conversation's YouTube channel and explore the many workshop recordings that they have to offer!
Student Wellness Committee
The newly formed Student Wellness Committee is looking for students, parents, and staff members to join and support the district with matters related to student health topics. This committee will meet virtually 4 times per year to review and provide feedback on the School Wellness policy and to promote nutrition, physical education, and overall student health and well-being.
2022-2023 Meeting Schedule
- September 20, 2022
- November 15, 2022
- February 21, 2023
- April 18, 2023
If you are interested in joining, please contact Dr. Michelle Lutz at email@example.com.
Family Wellness Fair
Our first annual Family Wellness Fair was held on March 8, 2023 and was a huge success! Thank you to the 25 local organizations, food trucks, and families who joined us for a night of learning and fun. We hope you will come back next year!