Housing and Homeless Resources

If you are have unstable housing, you still have the right to enroll your children in school and keep them in their current school even if you are temporarily out of the school district where your children attend school.

You qualify for unstable housing and homeless status if you have no place of your own to stay because you lost your housing and you....

  • are doubled up with family and friends
  • live in a shelter, including transitional programs
  • stay in motels because you can't get your own home
  • are an unaccompanied youth or migrant child
  • live on the streets, in a car, van, tent, or other place that is not a regular place to live
  • are awaiting foster care placement

Please contact our school social workers for more information on available resources for families. 

Additional Resources:

Emergency Rental and Utility Program For immediate help applying for this program call Family Services of Montgomery County 610-630-2111 x235.  You may be eligible for rental and utility assistance through this emergency program.  

Your Way Home Call Center Supports Montgomery County families experiencing or at risk for homelessness .  Dial 211 or 1-866-964-7925 to get connected to resources.