Student Working Papers

Working Papers are available at the public school of the district in which you reside. You must reside in Springfield Township School District in order to obtain working papers in this district.

All students between the ages of 14 and 17 are required by Pennsylvania School Law to secure an Employment certificate, known as "Working Papers," before they may begin to work. Once you have the promise of a job, follow these steps to receive working papers:

  • Obtain an "Application for Work Permit" from the Administration Building located at 1901 E. Paper Mill Road Oreland, PA 19075
  • Please click on the "Book Now" Button below to make an appointment to bring the completed application along with proof of age to the Administration Building, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm.
  • Acceptable documentation for proof of age include birth certificate, passport, or other documentary evidence of age (application cannot be processed without proper documents). A parent or guardian must return the completed application so that it can be signed in the presence of the issuing officer.

 If you have questions regarding working papers, please go to the Pennsylvania Child Labor Law Website.

You must reside in Springfield Township to book an appointment.  If you book an appointment and do not live in Springfield Township your appointment will be cancelled.