Starting July 1, 2020, all registrations will be completed online through the Registration Gateway. In order to complete the registration process, you must upload all of the required paperwork, medical forms and residency information OR schedule an appointment to make alternate plans for the paper document requirements. At the end of the online registration process, you will have the opportunity to book an appointment with our registrar.
At this time, ALL appointments will be held virtually or over the phone.
Registrations for all schools are managed through the central office in the Administration Building, 1901 E. Paper Mill Rd., Oreland, PA. During the school year, appointments are available Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (closed 12 pm - 1 pm).
If you have questions or any difficulty accessing the Registration Gateway, please email email@example.com or call (215) 233-6000 x1000.
All pre-registered students (including incoming Kindergarten) will be added to our student information system for the 20-21 school year on July 13, 2020. After that time, you can expect to begin to recieve messages from the school district using our school messenger system. This is the main source of communication from the district regarding events, news, and updates.
All families who are registering as non-public for transportation purposes, please contact the transportation department directly with any questions about your registration process at firstname.lastname@example.org or (215) 233-6095.
*Kindergarten students must be 5 years old on or before the first day of School*
1. Parents must present the original copy of the registering child's birth certificate or passport at registration, which will be photocopied and returned.
2. Three proofs of residency must be supplied in addition to photo identification. One MUST be a deed, current mortgage statement or current lease. The second must be a current utility bill. The third may be from the list below.
3. Even if you already have a child(ren) attending a school in Springfield Township, proof of residency is still required to be shown for each new student enrolled within the district.
Required Proof of Residency (must have)
- Photo ID (Driver’s License/PA Identification card)
- Title/Deed/Agreement of Sale/Settlement Papers/Current Tax Bill/Current Full Lease
- Current utility bill
Acceptable Additional Proof of Residency (1 required)
- Vehicle Registration or Insurance
- IRS Document
- Bank Statement
- Letter from Employer
*These documents will be photocopied and returned.*
Please note - if there is a question of residency, you may be asked to complete additional forms.
- Pennsylvania School Law requires a medical examination by a physician for all students entering kindergarten, 6th-grade, and 11th- grade, as well as all new students to Pennsylvania schools regardless of grade level.
- The Pennsylvania Department of Health requires all children to have a dental examination upon entry into school (kindergarten or 1st-grade), as well as in 3rd- and 7th-grade.
- Both medical and dental examinations must be completed within one year prior to the beginning of the school year.
The law permits medical, moral or religious exemptions if the appropriate forms are completed and kept on record at the child's school. These forms may be obtained by contacting the child's school nurse. Students with medical, moral or religious exemptions may be excluded from school in the event of an outbreak of vaccine-preventable diseases.