All registrations for NEW students will be completed online through the Registration Gateway. In order to complete the registration process, you must upload all of the required paperwork, medical forms and residency information OR call (215) 233-6000 X1000 to make alternate plans for the paper document requirements.
Registrations for all schools are managed through the central office in the Administration Building, 1901 E. Paper Mill Rd., Oreland, PA. During the school year, office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
If you have questions or any difficulty registering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (215) 233-6000 x1000.
Registrations for grades 1 through 12 for the 2021-2022 school year will begin on Monday, April 5, 2021.
Kindergarten Registration - 2021-2022
You can begin to pre-register for Kindergarten for the 2021-2022 school year on January 11, 2021. You must first complete the registration process on Registration Gateway. Please carefully read the registration requirements below. We cannot finalize your child's registration until all required documents are uploaded into Registration Gateway.
Once you have completed registering your child in Registration Gateway you can click on the Book Now Button below to schedule your appointment for Kindergarten Round-Up. Once you get to Appointment Plus choose Kindergarten Registration from the drop down menu, choose the month of April, one of the appointment dates and then choose an available time slot.
All families who are registering as non-public for transportation purposes, please contact the transportation department directly with any questions about your registration process at email@example.com or (215) 233-6095.
Before your Register
A student will not be registered until all registration documentation has been submitted.
Before you begin your online registration, please collect the following documents to ensure a smooth process. The paperwork is best submitted electronically or arrangements can be made to bring paper copies to an appointment. To ensure your child is able to start school as soon as possible, please be sure all required documents are able to be clearly read and uploaded complete at the time of registration.
If you are submitting electronically through your cell phone, please be sure to check the following:
- Wipe your camera to ensure a clear picture.
- Turn your phone to match the sizing of the document. Licenses and birth certificates are best taken in landscape mode where as most documents are better in portait mode.
- Be sure the entire document is captured in the photo and can be clearly read.
- Child's birth certificate (preferred) or passport (Please note: *Kindergarten students must be 5 years old on or before the first day of school*)
- Immunization Records (Due to the current pandemic, we need the most recent copy of immunizations, even if you haven't been able to schedule a well visit.)
- Parent/Guardian Photo ID: PA Driver's License / PA Identification Card with township address
- Proof of Residency: Three proofs of residency must be supplied in addition to photo identification. Even if you already have a child(ren) attending a school in Springfield Township, proof of residency is still required to be shown for each new student enrolled within the district.
- Title / Deed / Agreement of Sale / Settlement Papers / Current Tax Bill / Morgtage Document / Current Lease
- Utility Bill (example: PECO / Aqua)
- One additional document with a township address (examples: paystub / vehicle registration or insurance / IRS document / bank statement / letter from employer)
Please note - if there is a question of residency, families may be asked to complete additional forms such as multiple occupancy. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about your eligibility to register.
Required Medical Forms
- Immunization Record (Due to the current pandemic, we need the most recent copy of immunizations, even if you haven't been able to schedule a well visit)
- Physical Exam: Pennsylvania School Law requires a medical examination by a physician for all students entering kindergarten, 6th grade, and 11th grade, as well as all new students regardless of grade level.
- Dental Exam: The Pennsylvania Department of Health requires all children to have a dental examination upon entry into school (kindergarten or 1st grade), as well as in 3rd and 7th grade.
Both medical and dental examinations must be completed within one year prior to the beginning of the school year. Your child can be registered prior to the medical and dental forms being completed.
The law permits medical, moral or religious exemptions if the appropriate forms are completed and kept on record at the child's school. These forms may be obtained by contacting the child's school nurse. Students with medical, moral or religious exemptions may be excluded from school in the event of an outbreak of vaccine-preventable diseases.
In addition, the following documents can also be uploaded during registration when appropriate.
- Academic records
- Special Education Records including IEP, ER, RR, 504, GIEP, etc
- Custody documents- A copy of the court order or custody agreement is required to be provided if the parents are separated or divorced and the enrolling parent is relying on the order or agreement as the basis for enrolling the child.
- Completed physical examination and dental examination