How Do MS Sports Work?
Things to know:
- Only 7th grade and 8th grade students are eligible for PIAA sanctioned sports
- All student-athletes must have ImPact data on file to participate. ImPact testing will be done in 7th, 9th, & 11th grade. Please visit our ImPact Testing website for more detailed information.
- The fall season will begin the first full week of school
Things to do:
- Get a PIAA Sports Physical form from our website, see a doctor, complete the form and upload it to Family ID.
- Contact the athletic director, Kieran_Brady@sdst.org, to find out if you have an ImPact test on file and to schedule an ImPact Testing date.
- Contact the coach of your child's sport if you have sport-specific questions.
- Student athletes are required to get a new sports physical every year.
- Game schedules are fluid. We often move games around to accommodate our own school events, or the events of our opposing schools. The weather and field conditions often dictate several changes to most schedules. To view the most up-to-date information regarding game schedules, please check our Game Schedules website as it will reflect the most recent changes to our schedules.
- We are often asked, "How do we sign up for a sport?" Just turn in your PIAA Sports Physical Paperwork on Family ID! Reaching out to the coach is also a good idea to let them know you have interest in joining their team.
Field Hockey, Football, Soccer (B), Soccer (G), Tennis (G)
Fall sports will begin shortly after the first week of school.
Basketball (B), Basketball (G), Wrestling, Cheer
Winter sports traditionally start around the beginning of November.
Baseball, Softball, Track, Tennis (B), Lacrosse (B), Lacrosse (G), Unified Bocce
Spring sports traditionally start around the end of March.