Points of Pride
- Only six schools in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania both out-perform and outgrow STMS in mathematics, according to the state's own value-added system.
- In 2018, 100% of the more than 100 students enrolled in Algebra passed the statewide Keystone Exam with either a proficient or distinguished rating.
- Our homegrown Writing-Based Curriculum focuses on the development of student voice in writing, using mentor texts, teacher guidance, peer review, and independent reading as influences on this journey.
- Project-based and experiential learning in science, social studies, ELA, and math make learning relevant, connected, and fun!
- In a time of budget cutting in other school districts, STMS continues to offer a full complement of exploratory specials including digital citizenship, journalism, STEM, music, art, health & wellness, physical education, and world languages for all students.
- Our often-emulated Spartan Block and Advisory programs offer opportunities for social, emotional, service, and community-oriented learning; extension and remediation activities; and a wide variety of student-choice activities.
- In 2018, our annual Day of Service raised over $4000 for Face to Face Germantown, and our Annual American Heart Association Pro-Am raised over $2500 for the AHA.