Dr. Scott Zgraggen
Graduated from the University of California at Davis with a B.S. in Animal Science; earned a Masters of Art in Environmental Science Education from Arcadia University; currently working on my Doctorate in Educational Leadership at Arcadia University.
I have taught Life Science, Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, and Physical Science since 1987 at three different schools (West High School in Bakersfield, California; Vacaville High School in Vacaville, California; and Springfield Township High School in Erdenheim, Pennsylvania). I am currently one of the Assistant Principals at Springfield Township High School.
I am very proud to have earned the following awards:
- Spirit of Springfield. Awarded to a teacher that exemplifies Springfield’s standard of excellence, inspiring high levels of student achievement, and for creating a strong sense of community. Springfield Township High School, June, 2017.
- Dr. Norman Miller Scholarship for Educational Leadership. Awarded by Arcadia University’s School of Education, April, 2015.
- Claes Nobel Educator of the Year Semi-Finalist. Awarded by the National Society of High School Scholars, fall 2014.
- Claes Nobel Educator of Distinction. Awarded by the National Society of High School Scholars, November, 2013.
- Outstanding Educator Award. Awarded by the University of Chicago, fall 2011.
- Excellence in High School Chemistry Teaching. Awarded by the American Chemical Society, Philadelphia Chapter, May, 2006.
- Planning Team Service Award. Awarded by Joseph Roy, Principal Springfield Township High School, June, 2004.
- Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce Outstanding Educator Award. Awarded by the Education Committee of the Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce, May 2004.
215-233-6030 x 2002