All student teacher and classroom observation experiences required by a college program must be approved by the assistant superintendent.
Please do not directly contact building principals or classroom teachers.
The following documents must be received prior to approval for student teaching or classroom observations:
- Student Teaching Observation Request Form
- All required clearances according to statutory requirements for the PA Dept of Education (see Human Resources page for more guidance on obtaining clearances):
- State Police Clearance (Act 34)
- Child Abuse Clearance (Act 151)
- FBI Fingerprints (Act 114)
- Results from clear TB test
- A letter from your college or university, signed by the professor, explaining the hours needed and requirements for the course
Please provide at least two weeks notice for all requests to be reviewed.
We strongly encourage recent graduates of STHS to find placements outside of our high school.
Parents or guardians of current SDST students can not complete student teaching or classroom observations in district schools.
Please contact the office of the Assistant Superintendent should you have any questions: 215-233-6000 ext. 1010