SDST has adopted a 1:1 program in grades 4 through 12, which will provide an electronic device to each student. Grades 4th through 8th will be used throughout the day and remain in the school building. The 9th through 12th grades will be issued to each student, which will be assigned to each student to be used throughout the day and taken home and returned to the district at the end of the school year. This initiative is to provide all learners with ubiquitous digital access to support personalized learning, engagement, rigor, achievement, and the development of 21st century skills and literacies which support the District Mission Statement;
Springfield Township School District is a dynamic learning community committed to the unique needs of today's adolescent. Our vision promotes a safe and welcoming environment that values learning, fosters both critical and creative thinking, and encourages personal responsibility. We provide students with the tools they need to thrive in the 21st century.
We believe in providing an inspiring learning environment where all students reach their potential. A dedicated faculty with high expectations, a focus on the academic and affective needs of middle level learners, and the use of differentiated instruction serve as the foundation for student success.
STSD Exit Outcomes
● Devices must be brought to school with a full charge every day. Students may not be permitted to plug them in during class. Repeated issues will be addressed by the administration.
● No stickers or writing on the device. However, school-appropriate adhesive skins or hard shell cases designed for the device are welcome. Skins may be removed during the summer, or at the IT department’s discretion at the student's expense.
● Students must take measures to protect the device from damage or theft.
● At no time shall the device be used for unlawful or inappropriate activities.
● The device and power-cord that were assigned to the student are required to be handed in at the end of the school year. The student may be charged if any of these items are missing.
● Students are not allowed to let others use their assigned device.
At Home Expectation:
● It is the parent’s responsibility to monitor the student’s use while at home.
● Device must be charged at home each night.
● Students must follow the SDST Acceptable Use Policy at all times while on these devices.
● Violations of the Acceptable Use Policy or items stated in this document will be addressed by the school administration, to determine the proper course of action.
● School Administration and Faculty have rights to view the contents of the device.
Damages, Lost or Stolen (Incidents):
● Damages and other incidents must be reported to the IT department right away.
● Administration will be informed of any incidents that they need to address.
● The student will need to file a police report with the resource officer if a device is stolen.
● Depending on the issue an incident fee may be charged.