Where and When to Register
Registration for the current school year is ongoing.
Please call the registrar at 215-233-6000 for an appointment.
You will find a link to download the registration packet below,
and packets are also available in the Administration Building.
All registration applicants (Grades K-12) should call Heidi Fallon or Lu Ann McKenna at the Central Registration Office at 215-233-6000 to schedule an appointment. Registrations for all schools are conducted in the Administration Building, 1901 E. Paper Mill Rd., Oreland, PA. During the school year, appointments are available Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (closed 12 p.m. - 1 p.m.).
In order to complete the registration process, you must present all of the required paperwork, medical forms and residency information at the time of your appointment. If you have any questions, please email Lu Ann McKenna or Heidi Fallon.
*Kindergarten students must be 5 years old on or before the first day of School*
1. Parents must present the original copy of the registering child's birth certificate or passport at registration, which will be photocopied and returned.
2. Three proofs of residency must be supplied in addition to photo identification. One MUST be a deed, current mortgage statement or current lease. The second must be a current utility bill. The third may be from the list below.
3. Even if you already have a child(ren) attending a school in Springfield Township, proof of residency is still required to be shown for each new student enrolled within the district.
Required Proof of Residency (must have)
- Photo ID (Driver’s License/PA Identification card)
- Title/Deed/Agreement of Sale/Settlement Papers/Current Tax Bill/Current Lease
- Current utility bill
Acceptable Additional Proof of Residency (1 required)
- Vehicle Registration or Insurance
- IRS Document
- Bank Statement
- Letter from Employer
*These documents will be photocopied and returned.*
Please note - if there is a question of residency, you may be asked to complete additional forms.
- Pennsylvania School Law requires a medical examination by a physician for all students entering kindergarten, 6th-grade, and 11th- grade, as well as all new students to Pennsylvania schools regardless of grade level.
- The Pennsylvania Department of Health requires all children to have a dental examination upon entry into school (kindergarten or 1st-grade), as well as in 3rd- and 7th-grade.
- Both medical and dental examinations must be completed within one year prior to the beginning of the school year.
The law permits medical, moral or religious exemptions if the appropriate forms are completed and kept on record at the child's school. These forms may be obtained by contacting the child's school nurse. Students with medical, moral or religious exemptions may be excluded from school in the event of an outbreak of vaccine-preventable diseases.
Other Required Forms (available in the registration packet available for download above):
Registration form with Parent or Guardian Signature *
Residency Affidavit *
Child's Immunization Records (see medical requirements) *
Child's Birth Certificate
Child's Last Report Card
No Weapons/Violence Verification Form *
Student Information Form *
Home Language Survey *
Child Custody Form *
Request Records Form *
IEP (If Applicable)
Emergency Contact Form *
Confidential Health History *
Private Physician's Report of Physical Examination *
Private Dentist Report of Dental Examination *