- Students who walk to school should utilize sidewalks and other designated pedestrian areas avoiding walking through backyards and private property.
- Students should follow the instructions of the crossing guards.
- It is recommended that families encourage students to walk with others and avoid distracted walking (i.e. cell phone use) due to safety concerns.
- In grades K-3, students are NOT permitted to ride their bikes to school.
- Starting in the spring of 4th grade and throughout 5th grade, students may ride their bikes to and from school provided they have written parental permission on file in the school office.
- In grades 6-12, students may ride bikes to and from school.
- All students riding bikes must lock their bikes on the bicycle racks. The school does not assume responsibility for damage, tampering, or theft of bicycles. Students use bike racks at their own risk.
- Pennsylvania law requires all children under the age of 12 to wear a helmet while riding a bicycle, though the school district strongly encourages families to require their children to wear helmets if they allow them to use rollerblades, skateboards, or scooters.
- Students may not ride bikes over athletic fields, tracks, or playground areas due to risk of damage to these surfaces.
- For safety reasons, skateboards may not be used on school grounds.