Food Service & Cafeteria
The lunch period is 30 minutes long. Students may bring their own lunch or purchase a lunch from our cafeteria. Students who forget their lunch or lunch money may purchase a lunch on credit no more than three (3) times a year. Students will receive a complete meal and their lunch account will be charged accordingly; any debts accrued on credit must be paid by the close of the school year. All students owing money must pay with cash for lunch after June 1st. Parents may make payments to their student lunch accounts electronically. Directions for making online electronic payments can be found at our district website, www.sdst.org on our food services page.
The cafeteria is for the convenience of all students, whether they purchase food or bring lunch from home. In order for all students to have ample time to enjoy their food, the following rules govern cafeteria conduct:
- Lunch should be an enjoyable experience for all. Students are expected to practice table manners (sitting at their places, using utensils properly, talking with quiet voices). Running, throwing, shouting, and disturbing others will not be permitted.
- All students must eat lunch in the cafeteria area unless excused by a teacher or administrator.
- As a courtesy to the other students who use the cafeteria, students should keep the tables clean.
- The throwing of food or other articles in the cafeteria will not be tolerated. Regardless of whether a student initiates such an incident or retaliates by throwing an item, they are considered to be a participant and will be subject to disciplinary action.
- Students are not permitted to take food/beverages out of the cafeteria.
- Students are not permitted to order food from an outside source to be delivered to school during school hours.
Families may apply at any time during the school year for Free or Reduced priced meals. If you have questions about this process, please contact the social worker in your child’s school.
All students currently approved for Free or Reduced priced meals for the 2018-2019 school year will continue to receive Free or Reduced priced meals for the first 30 operating days of the 2019-2020 SY.
- To renew your application for the 2019-2020 school year, new applications must be received by October 16, 2019.
- All currently approved applications will expire and be set to "Paid" status on October 17, 2019, if no new application is received and approved.
- If you received a Notice of Direct Certification for the 2018-2019 SY, there is no need to re-apply, this Free meal status will be for the entire 2019-2020 SY.