CDC and MontCoOPH updated their COVID precautions as of August 11, 2022. As a result, Springfield Township has updated our Health and Safety plan. The district will continue to maintain our COVID-19 resources webpage.
The HSP plan has been revised to reflect the most current guidance from the CDC, as required under the ARP ESSER grant program. The plan has not changed in the following ways:
- Those infected with Covid-19 may return to work/school after 5 days
- Good personal hygiene will continue to be encouraged for all
- Cleaning and sanitizing will continue to follow all recommended guidance
- We will continue to track local and county data and report cases to OPH as required
- We will continue to maintain a resource page on our website
As a result of the wide availability of the vaccine and greater overall exposure to the infection over the past two years, the CDC has modified recommendations as follows:
- Schools are no longer viewed as high-risk congregate settings, such as hospitals, nursing homes and correctional facilities
- The MCOPH and PADOH are referring all districts to CDC guidance
- Students and staff no longer need to quarantine if exposed but asymptomatic
- Contact tracing and social distancing are no longer required
- Testing is available but not required of any group of staff or students
SDST COVID Community Level
All data can be seen by using the resources listed at the bottom of the page.
Local Data for case count will be updated if there are positive cases reported in our schools.
COVID-19 Community Levels
NEW COVID-19 CASES
Fewer than 200
|New COVID-19 admissions per 100,000 population (7-day total)||
|Percent of staffed inpatient beds occupied by COVID-19 patients (7-day average)||<10.0%||10.0-14.9%||≥15.0%|
|200 or more||New COVID-19 admissions per 100,000 population (7-day total)||NA||<10.0||≥10.0|
|Percent of staffed inpatient beds occupied by COVID-19 patients (7-day average)||NA||<10.0%||≥10.0%|
CDC COVID-19 County Community Levels
Data will be updated every Friday
|dATE||INPATIENT BED UTILIZATION||HOSPITAL ADMISSIONS PER 100K||CASES PER 100K||COVID-19 COMMUNITY LEVEL|
For additional information on COVID-19 County Community Levels, please check out the CDC Data Tracker.
Current Cases in SDST
Data updated if cases arise (last positive case 3/13/2023)
Data includes only students and school staff who have been physically in person during the period of infection for learning or extra-curricular activities. See PDE Guidance.
Number of Current cases
School staff and student combined by building within a 10 day rolling period. SDST continues to consult with the Montgomery County OPH to assess the safety of our instructional model which may be based on contact tracing resulting in in-person transmission.