Dear SDST Families,
I hope that this email finds you happy, healthy and enjoying the holiday break. Earlier today I attended my weekly meeting with representatives from MCOPH and CHOP. They have provided updated guidance for schools as we navigate the current spike in transmission of COVID-19.
- Based upon the recommendations of both MCOPH and CHOP, we will open in person for full-time schooling on Monday, January 3, 2022.
- The MCOPH has released updated exclusion guidelines which align with the CDC. Any questions should be directed to the school nurse, who will return to the office on Monday, January 3, 2022.
- Test to Stay will continue to be an option for unvaccinated, asymptomatic students, with testing now occurring twice over five days, rather than three times over ten days.
- Students are encouraged to wear medical-style 3-ply masks rather than cloth masks, and to maintain universal masking in schools and offices. Our current SDST Health and Safety plan requires universal masking in all schools and offices.
- MCOPH has five testing sites open, and is working to extend hours into the evening and on weekends beginning next week to better accommodate residents. More information on test sites may be found here.
We will continue to follow our SDST Health and Safety plan and the guidance of the MCOPH and CHOP, and I will continue to consult with them on a weekly basis or more frequently as needed to support a safe return to schooling for our students, staff and families.
Thank you, and Happy New Year.
MaryJo Yannacone, Ed.D.