December 23, 2020
Dear SDST Families,
I hope that this message finds you and your family safe, healthy and looking forward to the next few weeks as an opportunity to unplug, reflect and celebrate together. While this year has had much adversity for all of us, I take great comfort in knowing that we share a belief in the well being of our students as our top priority. Yesterday I shared this video to celebrate our achievements this year as a school community. After viewing it I hope you'll feel the same sense of pride in what we’ve accomplished and optimism for the future that I do!
I am also grateful that we have been able to successfully reopen our schools and provide all families options for continuing their children’s education, whether virtual or in person. We continue to work as a staff and administration to follow all guidelines that will allow us to reopen on January 4, 2021 and to remain open for the benefit of our students. We could not have been successful without your support. Please help us over the winter break by supporting these measures:
If you travel outside PA, please follow the guidelines below:
- Anyone over the age of 11, entering Pennsylvania from other countries and states, as well as Pennsylvanians who are returning home from other countries or states, must have a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours prior to entering the Commonwealth or quarantine for 10 days upon entry into Pennsylvania.
- If a traveler chooses to get tested upon entering the Commonwealth, or is waiting for test results, the traveler must quarantine for 10 days, or until receipt of a negative test result, whichever comes first.
The following exemptions are in place from this Order:
- Individuals traveling to and from PA for the purpose of work
- Individuals traveling to and from PA for medical reasons, including providing comfort and support to the patient
- Individuals who are returning to PA after traveling outside of PA for less than 24 hours
- Military personnel traveling by order or directive of a state or Federal military authority
- Individuals in transit through PA to another destination
- Individuals complying with a court order (including child custody)
For additional information, please review the information contained on the PADOH state website: https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Pages/Travelers.aspx
Health and Safety
Please continue to follow four simple steps to keeping us all healthy:
- Wear a mask whenever outside your home or with your immediate family
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water
- Maintain a distance of at least six feet from those outside your home
- Do not send children to school if they have any symptoms or if they have been exposed to anyone who is symptomatic for COVID-19
We look forward to the New Year and hope that you and your families will join us in committing to these guidelines. We are excited and optimistic for the many opportunities we plan to bring to our students in 2021!
MaryJo Yannacone, Ed.D.