On January 1, 2009, Act 3 (also known as Open Records amendment to the Pennsylvania Right to Know Law) took effect at all local and state agencies in the Commonwealth of Education, including school districts. Act 3 expands the definition of "public record," making all records public -- both electronic and hard copy -- with 30 listed exemptions (such as records dealing with budget, security, personal safety, medical records, confidential personnel records and criminal investigations).
Steps to Follow When Making a Right to Know Request:
There is a Board approved cost of $0.25 per page to copy a document.
- Complete the OPEN RECORDS REQUEST FORM.
- Mail, email, or fax the open records request form to the school district's Open Records Officer (Right to Know)
- Provide appropriate fees to the School District of Springfield Township using one of the following methods:
- Send a check or money order made payable to the School District of Springfield Township for the total amount of copying fees along with the postage amount. The postage amount will be determined based on the weight of the document that you have requested Once we receive payment, the document will be mailed to your attention.
- Bring cash, check, or money order made payable to the School District of Springfield Township for the toal amount of copying fees to the School District of Springfield Township between the hours of 8am and 4pm Monday thru Friday on regularly scheduled workdays.
- You may also come in to the School District of Springfield Township and view the requested document at no cost between the hours of 8:00am and 4:00pm Monday thru Friday on regularly scheduled work days.
The School District of Springfield Township has designated the following as the Open Records Officer (Right to Know):
Mr. Leonard Kresefski
School District of Springfield Township
1901 Paper Mill Rd.
Oreland, PA 19075
Telephone: 215-233-6000 xt. 1002
For More Information Regarding Open Records and Right to Know, CLICK HERE.
A full copy of Board Policy 801 (Open Records) is available on under Board Policies.