In the School District of Springfield Township, honoring diversity is integrated into every aspect of the educational experience for children.
|The PARITY Officers
(Parents Advocates for Radical Improvement in Township Youth)
- Intelligence and ability are influenced by opportunity and effort
- Education should increase exposure to opportunities and knowledge beyond the individual's own experience
- Our schools are responsible for opening doors to new opportunities for all students
- Relationships are at the heart of equity and diversity efforts
- We aim to cultivate student talent and ability
- We will succeed in closing the achievement gap when the backgrounds of students cease to be predictors of achievement
Our Equity efforts focus on three components
- Affective Component- relationship building
- Academic Component- opportunity and support
- Policy and Procedures Component- a review of policy through the lens of equity P.A.R.I.T.Y. (Parents Advocates for Radical Improvement in Township Youth) meets regularly to examine progress with our diversity initiatives.